I’ve always liked the word “autumn” better than “fall”, but what I didn’t know is that the former is used more in British English, while the latter is used more in American English! In Canada, people use both interchangeably, and as a side plug for linguistics, I think that’s a super neat example of sociolinguistics. Anyways, in response to the changing seasons, I whipped up a couple of quick headbands!
- 1/6 skein of Lion Bran Yarn Wool-Ease Tonal – a bulky weight (5) yarn (above colour: Grey Marble)
- Size K (6.5mm) hook
Pattern by tick-tock hobbies
(abbreviations: HDC = half-double crochet; DC = double crochet)
- Foundation single crochet sixty stitches. Slip stitch to join to the first stitch in the row. (60 stitches)
- Chain-one. Do not work into the same stitch that has the slip stitch in it. HDC in each stitch around the circle. Slip stitch to join the first HDC of the row. (60 stitches)
- Chain-two. Do not work in the same stitch that has the slip stitch in it. In the back loop only, DC in each stitch around the circle. Slip stitch to join the first DC of the row. (60 stitches)
- Repeat steps 2 and three. Cut the yarn and weave in the ends.
My church is having a garage sale in a few weeks, and I originally wanted to have a table to try selling some of my creations! I thought it would be a great risk-free way to ease into the idea of craft fairs, so I actually made a bunch of these headbands in preparation. Unfortunately, the timing did not work out for me, so I won’t be a part of it this year. I still want to try my hand at a craft fair or something similar down the road, so fingers crossed for the future!
It’s a pretty simple pattern, so I can see myself making a lot of these in the future, not just to sell, but also to donate! In case you’ve never looked at my About page, I do have a pledge to donate a handmade item for every purchase in my Etsy shop, and that’s something I really want to honour. If you have any other quick but warm patterns, send them my way! I’d love to check them out.
Until next time, happy crafting!
This pattern is an original pattern by June Cheung at Tick-Tock Hobbies – please do not claim this pattern as your own or reprint it on another site or any other format. If you want to share this pattern (and I’d love it if you do!), just link to this pattern and give me the proper credit. You may keep a copy of the pattern for your own personal use, but please DO NOT sell this pattern. Permission is NOT granted for any finished products to be sold for profit, or for mass production, or for factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you so much for your respect and understanding!