I’m so excited to share with you guys the very first item that I’ve ever made without following someone else’s pattern! I was inspired by a chevron blanket that has been in my family for as long as I can remember. As it turns out, before my mom got too busy taking care of all four of us, she used to be pretty crafty! I’ll definitely be taking some time to talk about her in the weeks to come. Anyways, without further ado, here is my first pattern!
- 1/16 skein of Caron Simply Soft- a worsted weight (4) yarn (above colour A: Soft Green)
- 1/16 skein of Klutz Kit Yarn – a worsted weight (4) yarn (above colour B: Green / Blue)
- Size H (5.0 mm) hook
Pattern by tick-tock hobbies
(abbreviations: SC = single crochet)
- Chain 14
- two SC into the second stitch from the hook, one SC into each of the next five stitches, skip 1 stitch, one SC into each of the next five stitches, two SC into the last stitch, chain 1 and turn.
- two SC into the first stitch, one SC into each of the next five stitches, skip 2 stitches, one SC into each of the next five stitches, two SC into the last stitch, chain 1 and turn.
- Repeat row 3 two times
- Change to colour B and repeat row 3 four times.
- Change to colour A and repeat row 3 four times.
- Repeat row 5 and 6 as many times as needed, but try to finish on colour B so that there is a better contrast when the headband is joined.
If you want to make the headband skinnier, you could chain two less in row 1, and then whenever the pattern asks for SC in each of the next five stitches, do a SC in each of the next FOUR stitches while keeping everything else the same.
Please let me know if this pattern is hard to understand, or if there’s anything I can change to make it clearer. If you try this pattern out, please let me know or share some pictures with me! You can always tag your work #ticktockhobbies on Instagram – I would love to see what you’ve made!
This pattern is an original pattern by June Cheung at Tick-Tock Hobbies – please do not claim this pattern as your own or reprint it on another site or any other format. If you want to share this pattern (and I’d love it if you do!), just link to this pattern and give me the proper credit. You may keep a copy of the pattern for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell this pattern. Permission is NOT granted for any finished products to be sold for profit, or for mass production or for factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you so much for your respect and understanding!